Using the Pedal
Power the New Revelation with a 9v DC negative tip power supply, one that is capable of handling up to 300mA of current. Upon powering the New Revelation the Mix and Decay knobs will glow indicating startup mode. Once the LEDs stop glowing, the New Revelation is ready to use. Tap the Bypass switch to engage the pedal (Live Mode), the color of the Decat knob indicates the active algorithm and the color of the Mix LED indicates the cue’d up Preset.
Hold the Bypass switch for 1 second and release to change algorithms.
- Light Blue | Spring Reverb
- Green | Room Reverb
- Yellow | Plate Reverb
- Red | Modulated Reverb
- Pink | Shimmer Reverb
- White | Anti-Shimmer Reverb
To engage Preset Mode, tap the Preset switch. This will quickly jump between the reverb used in Live Mode to the reverb stored in the cue’d up preset. To disengage Preset Mode and jump back to Live Mode, tap the Preset switch again.
To change presets, tap both the Tap switch and Preset switch to cycle through the stored presets:
- Light Blue | Preset #1
- Green | Preset #2
- Yellow | Preset #3
- Red | Preset #4
- Pink | Preset #5
- White | Preset #6
While in Preset Mode you can rotate the knobs to see the saved location of each knob in the stored preset. When each knob is rotated, its corresponding LED will flash, and will return back to a solid color once the knob is rotated over the stored location.
The Mix knob controls the overall loudness of the reverb. Rotating fully counter-clockwise will set the reverb volume to minimum and fully clockwise to maximum. The Mix knob can be setup in Global Settings to have custom Mix Tapers to either remove more or less of your dry signal.
The Decay knob controls the length of decay that will be generated from the New Revelation. Rotating fully counter-clockwise sets the decay to minimum and fully clockwise sets the decay to maximum.
The Filter knob controls the overall brightness of the reverb. Rotating fully counter-clockwise allows all frequencies to pass, when rotating clockwise the upper frequencies will be removed. Rotating clockwise sets the cutoff frequency lower and lower for darker reverbs. The Filter knob does not affect/remove any frequencies from your dry signal.
The Cntrl1 knob varies per algorithm, please reference the Algorithm section for details pertaining to the Cntrl1 knob for each Algorithm.
Soft Click Switches
The Bypass Switch functions as the main navigation for the pedal, below outlines the functions attached to this switch.
- Short Press
- Performing a short press will engage/disengage the pedal. When engaged, the Bypass LED will illuminate and the reverb signal will be heard. This is called “Live Mode”, the sound of the reverb will be heard based on the current settings of each knob, toggle switch, and the active Algorithm that is illuminated by the Decay LED.
- Two Button Press (Preset & Bypass Switches)
- Performing a two button press will cycle through the stored presets. Each time a two button press is performed the color of the Mix LED will change, identify which preset is active or cue’d up. If the pedal is in Preset Mode, it will cycle through each preset and the new preset sound will be heard immediately. If the pedal is in Live Mode, you can cue up which preset will be heard when Preset Mode is engaged.
- Long Press
- Performing a long press (hold for 1 second and release) will cycle through the active algorithm. Algorithms can be changed at any time in both Live Mode and Preset Mode
- Short Press
- Performing a short press will engage/disengage the "Preset Mode". When engaged, the Preset LED will illuminate and the reverb signal stored in the active preset will be heard. The Decay knob LED will change to the current algorithm stored in the active preset. Short press again to disengage "Preset Mode" and quickly jump back to the settings in "Live Mode".
- Pressing and holding will engage the Infinite Bloom feature (slowly ramps up the Decay knob to max). The Preset LED will flash while Infinite Bloom is engaged, once you release the Preset Switch the LED will continue to flash while the Decay knob slowly returns back to its original position. Infinite Bloom works in both "Preset Mode" and "Live Mode".
0 Millisecond Pre Delay
Setting the Toggle Switch to the top position will create a reverb with no pre delay. The reverb signal will immediately bloom in as soon as the guitar signal hits the pedal.
50 Millisecond Pre Delay
Setting the Toggle Switch to the middle position will create a reverb with 50ms of pre delay. The reverb signal will bloom in 50ms after the guitar signal hits the pedal.
100 Millisecond Pre Delay
Setting the Toggle Switch to the bottom position will create a reverb with 100ms of pre delay. The reverb signal will bloom in 100ms after the guitar signal hits the pedal.